For the Record
by Jack Masters
DRIFTING DOWNRIVER Flatboats on the Cumberland – David Wright, Artist
For the Record - Miscellaneous topics and various tidbits by Jack Masters
- A detailed study outlining several aspects of the Signers of the Cumberland Compact
- A study determining who and how many signed the
- Contains notes supporting duplicate signers
- Listing of
in order signed as well as an alphabetical listing by last name
- Summary and listing of those with
in Davidson County North Carolina
- Facts confusing the existence of the
Avery Trace in
Middle Tennessee and the lack of understanding
Tennessee House Bill 2568.
The bill was introduced and enacted in 1990 to promote the Avery Trace purely as a "Heritage Tourism Corridor".
- Revealing North Carolina Land Grant issued to Stockley Donelson and
William Tyrrell for 3000 acres at
- Plat of 18 adjoining tracts of 5000
Acre North Carolina Land Grants on
Duck river. These are the Blount Grants and the details are interesting
to say the least. Thanks to the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts
for use of the image.
The Blount Grants
- A selected library of recommended reference materials.
- For the Record subjects to be introduced soon include updates and location of the
Indian Trails south and east of Black Fox Camp in Rutherford County as well as other
email Jack Masters